Available on all branches, in your instance settings:
- Authorized Fetch / Secure Mode (require authentication for fetching even public activities)
- Single User Mode (redirects the front page to your profile)
- Limited Federation Mode / Allow-list Mode
- Custom favicon and default avatar
- Restricted robots.txt to deny inclusion in search engines or datasets collecting crawlers
- Using a custom SMTP (e-mail) server
- Setting your own Deepl or LibreTranslate keys to enable translation services
- Full-text Search (for posts you authored or interacted with only; toggled on demand to support)
For Glitch and Hometown:
Specifically for Glitch:
- Max bio length
- Max number of poll options or profile fields
Themes (or glitch skins) can be added by contacting us, on the condition that everyone can use them.
Maintaining a dedicated branch of any software for your use will take us a lot more time, and so that is usually when we have to recommend considering running the instance yourself, or switch to a payment plan adapted to the additional work.